At the Google I/O developer conference in San Francisco, the company shared how Android and some of their other services are growing. Here's just the data from the opening keynote in June 2012.
- There have been over 400M total Android activations to date. Last year at this time there were over 100M total Android device activations. (source)
- There are over 1M new Android devices activated per day. That's 12 new devices per second. Last year at this time there were 400,000 new Android devices activated per day. (source)
- There are 1M NFC-enabled Android devices in the market today. (source)
- Google's app store, Google Play, has over 600,000 apps available. 1.5 billion apps are installed per month. 20 billion apps have been installed to date. (source)
- 95% of Google Play users are on a mobile network that offers carrier billing with Goolge Play in Japan and Korea. 73% of Google Play app purchases are made with carrier billing when it's available. (source
- Over 250M Google+ accounts have been created in one year with 150m monthly active users. 50% sign in daily and spend with 60+ minutes a day across all of Google. Active Google+ users are spending 12 minutes a day in the stream. That's up from 9 minutes just a few months ago. (source)
- More people using Google+ on mobile than on desktop devices. (source)
Updated: June 28 with data from the second keynote.
- There are 310 million active Chrome browser users. Last year there were 160 million, the year before 70 million. (source)
- Google's data shows Chrome as most popular browser globally. (source)
- Chrome users type 60 billions words a day, download 1TB of data per day, and save 13 years through faster browsing each day. (source)
- 750M Web app installs have happened through Chrome to date. (source)
- Gmail has over 425 million users. 45 US states, 66 of the top 100 million universities, and 5 million businesses use Google apps. (source)
- In 10 weeks, 10 million users signed up for Google Drive. Developers see more engagement from users coming through Google Drive: 25% more faxes, 3.5X more presentations. (source)
- Google App Engine supports 1M active apps, 2T of datastore operations per month. (source)