I'm going to continue with the Apple data updates this week. Sorry but I'm still feeling sentimental. Apple started pre-orders for the iPhone 4S last week. How'd it go?
- Apple announced pre-orders of its iPhone 4S have topped one million in a single day. (source)
- Apple's pace of a million iPhone 4S preorders in 24 hours puts the company in a position to sell nearly 3 million devices on launch weekend, and 25 million in the current quarter. (source)
- Last year's launch of the iPhone 4 had 600,000 preorders on its first day. (source)
- Apple sold 1.7 million iPhone 4 devices in the first three days of sales in 2010. (source)
- The iPhone 3GS had 60,000 pre-orders two years ago. (source)
- On the first day of iPhone 4S pre-orders, Apple sold out of its US pre-order allotment. (source)
- AT&T's pre-orders for the iPhone 4S were the most successful iPhone launch yet, with 200,000 preorders in the first 12 hours of sales. (source)