Whether you look on the Web or on mobile, new e-commerce records are being set across the board.
- Online retail spending in Q4 2010 reached a record $43.4 billion, which is up 11% from the same quarter in 2009. (source)
- 84% of U.S. Internet users conducted an online transaction in Q4 2010, which is up from 78% last year. (source)
- The top 25 online retailers accounted for 68% of dollars spent online, which is up 5.6% from a year ago. (source)
- Amazon had it's first $10 billion quarter in its history in Q4 2010. (source)
- eBay's global mobile sales generated nearly $2 billion (gross merchandise volume) in 2010, up from $600 million in 2009. (source)
- eBay's mobile apps have been downloaded more than 30 million times. 94 bids are made every minute via eBay’s mobile apps worldwide. (source)