I recently had the pleasure of speaking with John Havens on Breakthrough Café’s podcast series about transforming innovation into execution. We discussed a number of topics including:
- The rationale behind my comparison of design & business approaches to strategy: A Difference of Design
- My role as a Principal Designer at Yahoo! communicating ideas using design
- How design can help articulate what direction a product could/should go
- The strategic design behind eBay Express
- The role and opportunity of customer-driven innovation in participatory products like eBay
- The concepts behind my book, Site Seeing which is about the fusion of visual design and usability principles
If you’re interested take a listen to the podcast (12MB mp4 at 24 minutes) or subscribe to the Breakthrough Café series to check out other conversations (like the one with Steve Portigal). Thanks to John for the invitation to share my thoughts.