Mobile First (my new book) is now on sale. You can read a sample chapter about Organizing Mobile from the book on A List Apart.
When it comes to organizing the content and actions on mobile, solid information architecture principles like clear labeling, balanced breadth and depth, and appropriate mental models remain important. But the organization of mobile web experiences also needs to:
- Align with how people use their mobile devices and why.
- Emphasize content over navigation.
- Provide relevant options for exploration and pivoting.
- Maintain clarity and focus.
- Align with mobile behaviors