It's no secret that things are different on mobile. Different contexts, device capabilities, connections, and more open up a ways for people to find and use information. To illustrate, here's some recent statistics about search on mobile:
- 30-50% of mobile search queries are local.
- 53% of mobile searches on Bing have a local intent. (source)
- According to Google, 33% or one in three queries from smartphones is about where I am. (source)
- 10-20% of desktop (PC) queries on search engines are local, depending on how strict your definition is.
- Google has stated that “20% of searches on Google are related to location.” Comscore's annual study of local search behavior indicates that 8.3% of desktop search engine queries are local. (source)
- 70% of PC search tasks are completed in about one week while 70% of mobile users do so in one hour. (source)
- 25% of queries from Android 2.0 devices use voice search (source)