It's been a while since I last dug into mobile Internet use. So here's an updated set of stats and projections.
- From the second quarter of 2010 to the second quarter of 2011, mobile data traffic more than doubled. (source)
- Research suggests that the industry will go from six billion connections today to more than 12 billion by 2020. (source)
- In North America, high-end smartphones generate twice the traffic of comparable smartphones in Asia and Europe. (source)
- Almost half of UK internet users are going online via mobile phone data connections in UK. (source)
- While 71% of 16 to 24-year-old who went online in the UK said they used mobile broadband, just 8% of UK internet users aged over 65 made use of mobile broadband. (source)
- The mobile media user population in the US (those who browse the mobile web, access applications, or download content) grew 19 percent in the past year to more than 116 million people at the end of August 2011. (source)
- 72.2 million Americans accessed social networking sites or blogs on their mobile device in August 2011, an increase of 37 percent in the past year. (source)