At the March 2011 introduction of iPad 2, Apple CEO Steve Jobs shared recent numbers on Apple's "post-PC" sales and market share. Here's just the data from his presentation.
- Apple has over 2,500 publishers in the iBookstore. Customers have downloaded over 100 million books in less than a year. (source)
- Apple has 200 million credit card accounts (Apple IDs). Amazon doesn't publish their numbers, but it's likely this is the most accounts with credit cards anywhere on the internet. (source)
- Apple paid out over $2 billion to developers in total for selling their apps on the App Store. (source)
- Apple recently shipped their 100 millionth iPhone. (source)
- Apple has sold 15 million iPads -that's more than every tablet PC ever sold. The iPad has over 90% market share. (source)
- There are 65,000 apps specifically developed for the iPad. (source)