It's no secret the Angry Birds line of games is extremely popular on smartphones and tablets. But the data on how popular it is might surprise you. Good thing scientific studies found that casual games can significantly improve players' moods and stress levels!
- Angry Birds has been downloaded over 50 million times. (source)
- 80% of people who download Angry Birds keep the app installed. (source)
- Over the holidays, Angry Birds was being downloaded more than a million times a day. (source)
- There are 200 million minutes played a day on a global scale. (source)
- The free, ad supported version of Angry Birds on Android has been downloaded over 15 million times.source)
- Rovio spent about $100,000 on the original Angry Birds. (source)
- The average mobile-game player is 45 years old and nearly as likely to be female as male, according to a survey last year of more than 1,100 customers of AT&T's wireless service. (source)