Damian Conway’s absolutely hilarious Web 2.0dium presentation at Webstock 2008 highlighted common bad design practices online with a deep sense of irony and delight. I have never laughed as much at a conference presentation as I did during this triumph. As such, I only managed to capture a few gems form Damien’s talk.
- Normal users can almost use our Web sites. We need new ways to protect our beautiful Web sites from the terrible general public.
- Fonts are weapons, not toys
- Move registration to the top of the task list
- God put the fold there for a reason
- Every time you validate, God kills a kitten
- “J” Languages create fear in Web users
- Grey nanotext is your friend