As most of you guessed, our acquisition of OK/Cancel was an April Fool’s joke. Though many people appreciated our comic switcheroo (it’s a comic tradition after all), some thought we were jumping the shark with all the other April fools online. But as any good comedian will profess, how you tell a joke is just as important as WHAT joke you tell. So here’s a little behind the scenes on how we put together OK/LukeW:
- OK/Cancel’s comic parodied the turmoil caused when Flickr users had to register with Yahoo! to use the service
- My post parodied Jeff Veen’s comments when Google bought MeasureMap
- Kevin’s post on OK/Cancel riffed Upcoming.org’s announcement when they were bought by Yahoo!
- The official LukeW Interface Designs press release was a rip on Yahoo’s MusicMatch acquisition release
- The pre-filled comments on OK/Cancel came from Yahoo!’s acquisition of del.icio.us
Hope you had as much fun with this as we did. Now back to our "long-winded design essays"...