In the later half of January 2006, a group of designers with nearly 50 cumulative years of experience designing products for companies like Adobe, Apple, eBay, Macromedia, Nike, Palm, and Yahoo got together to talk about design vision. It was a concept for which we all had a personal definition -forged by our unique experiences and insights.
Yet we all recognized the important role design vision played in our lives as designers so we took the first step toward a public discussion about what it can do for you, your organization, and your products.
A conversation about the role of design-driven leadership in the product development process with:
Bob Baxley Design Director, Yahoo! Search Author, Making the Web Work: Designing Effective Web Applications
Design Vision: What is it and why should companies care?
- Part 1 (on Functioning Form)
- Part 2 (on Functioning Form)
- Part 3 (on Functioning Form)
- Part 4 (on Functioning Form)
Design Vision: What about an organization makes it ready for design vision?
- Parts 5-8 (on Knemeyer.com)
Design Vision: Communicating a Vision
- Part 9 (on Orbitstar Interactica)
- Part 10 (on Orbitstar Interactica)
- Part 11 (on Orbitstar Interactica)
- Part 12 (on Orbitstar Interactica)