When it comes to smartphones, the day of the 3.5" screen may be coming to an end. As more manufacturers, including Apple, decide that bigger screens are better.
- Of all the Android devices sold in the last 3 months, nearly one-third (29%) of them had a screen size of over 4.5 inches. (source)
- On these devices, the larger the screen the more likely a consumer will use that device for different services. For example, only 19% of consumers with a screen smaller than three inches download and watch videos, compared to 65% when the screen is five inches or more. (source)
- Samsung's Galaxy S III, which features a 4.8" screen, sold 20 million units 100 days after the handset launched in May 2012. (source)
- Samsung's Galaxy Note, which features a 5.3” screen, sold more than 10 million units since its debut. The Note II will feature a 5.5" screen. (source)
- Apple sold a record 5 million iPhone 5 devices (with a larger 4" screen) the first weekend the device was on sale. (source)
- New flagship Windows 8 smartphones will feature 4.5" screens on the Lumia 920 and a 4.3" screen on the HTC Windows Phone 8X. (source)