In preparation for an online panel about Creating Sustainable Innovation, I've been thinking about what is really needed for innovation to thrive within an organization. Here's a few short but sweet quotes that summarize my current thinking.
- Innovation is in the hands of the hands-on. -Alan Cooper
- Stop avoiding risk and embrace the discomfort of creating. -What Steve Jobs Taught Me
- Managers think it's a science. Leaders know it's an art. -Michael Lopp
- 1) Immerse yourself in information and experiences. 2) Make things. -Luke Wroblewski (me)
- Live off iteration and determination. -Luke Wroblewski (me, again)
If you're interested in talking more about innovation join me, Facebook Director of Design Kate Aronowitz, former LinkedIn product VP Adam Nash, and former Yahoo! Search exec Larry Cornett Sept 28th live on the InterWebs at 1pm PST. It should be a fun conversation!