On December 8th, I will be part of a panel discussing The Future of Digital Product Design at Yahoo's Sunnyvale campus. IxDG, the AIGA Center for Brand Experience, AIGA-ED, and BayDUX are sponsoring the event.
Dirk Knemeyer will speak about the present and future of digital product design. Following Dirk's presentation, Dirk, Sarah Allen, Neil Day, Pabini Gabriel-Petit, James Leftwich, and Luke Wroblewski will participate in what should be a lively panel discussion on this topic. Frank Ramirez will moderate. In addition, every attendee will receive a free copy of the newly published book 'The Dictionary of Brand' from the AIGA Center for Brand Experience."
To give you a sense of my position on the topic, I've embedded relevant links to Functioning Form articles within Dirk’s outline:
- Technology and business trends are rapidly changing the landscape of digital product design.
- Powerful forces for change are affecting everyone who contributes to the innovation and design of digital products.
- Products are converging.
- Organizations are sending technology, design, and usability jobs offshore.
- Product development teams are becoming increasingly integrated and multi-disciplinary.
- Individuals, organizations, and even industries are trying to understand the dynamic forces that are now at work and determine their roles in this new world of digital product design.
- The user experience design community is poised to assume a pivotal role in the design of digital products—ensuring that the products companies bring to market are useful, usable, and enjoyable.
Hope to see those of you in the Bay area there!